Thanks to your kitchen, we have another hair trick. Eggs. That’s right, raw egg can actually benefit your hair. It can give you volume, shine, and moisture. It’s filled with protein to make all of that possible. It works just like a deep conditioner.
1. To start off, get a couple of eggs and beat them in a bowl. Sometimes I like to add a bit of olive oil or honey just for added help, but it’s not necessary.
2. Take the egg yolk and work it into your hair as you would any other shampoo and conditioner. Try to concentrate on the roots.
3. Let the egg yolk sit in your hair for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Rinse. This is VERY IMPORTANT, do not rinse with hot water. This will cause the egg yolk to harden and start cooking, then it will be come difficult to rinse it from your hair. Use lukewarm or cool water to rinse it out.
5. You can shampoo and condition your hair after, but it’s also not necessary.
I know it seems a bit strange to use egg in your hair, but it really is worth testing out. This is an old at home hair care method that has been used for a while probably by our mothers or grandmothers. They know what they’re talking about, so give it a try.
I did notice an improvement in my hair. It has more volume, it’s shinier and it has strengthened my hair follicles. This process can be a bit messy, especially when I add the olive oil and honey. But considering the price of typical deep conditioners or hot oils, it’s a great alternative.